Painted stairs. The stairs have 2-3 coats of paint / stain, depending on how well the wood absorbs the color. We use water-based paint or stain from Sherwin Williams. Regular cleaning is recommended. Dust is removed with a vacuum cleaner, microfiber cloth or feather broom. Stains are removed with a slightly damp cloth in lukewarm water. Use mild detergents. The screws should be retightened after a period of use, usually within 1 year after installation. Remove the wooden plug that covers the screw, use bits Torx -30 and tighten the screw. If there is a need for improvement, the area must first be cleaned. The area is matt sanded with fine-grained sandpaper (180-240). Then clean it again with a slightly damp cloth. Painting / varnishing should be done as soon as possible after sanding the area, preferably within 1 day. Feel free to contact us for the exact color code for your stairs.
Oiled stairs. The stairs are treated with natural glossy oil, Osmo hard wax oil or Rubio Monocoat oil. Cleaning of oiled stairs must be done with as dry methods as possible (vacuum cleaner, microfiber cloth or feather brush). Stains can be removed with a slightly damp cloth and neutral detergent (pH 7). The screws should be retightened after a period of use. Remove the wooden plug that covers the screw, use bits Torx -30 and tighten the screw. To remove marks that cannot be washed away, the surface can be matt sanded with fine-grained sandpaper (320-400). Then apply oil and wipe off excess oil after a few minutes. After 2-3 treatments, the surface will have an even gloss that is easy to clean. The same method is used to oil the surfaces where there is a lot of wear. For maintenance of previously oiled surfaces, use 1 thin coat of oil from the same supplier.
NOTE! Cloths / rags that have been used must be treated as flammable waste.
Steel and glass, untreated stainless steel. Steel cleaners are sold in most stores that sell white goods. Follow the instructions for use on the product you buy.
Treated stainless steel. Some stainless steel products are coated with a protective film. Use mild detergents and soft cloths on the surfaces. For example, avoid steel cleaners, as such products can degrade the quality of the surface. Follow the instructions for use on the product you buy.
Glass. The stairs have laminated glass to improve resilience and safety. Glass is washed in the same way as windows. Feel free to use spray products, lukewarm water, squeegee, newsprint, vinegar water, etc. For questions regarding maintenance of your stairs, feel free to contact us!
- Stairs are for inside use only.
- Do not touch any stair part with sharp edges.
- Do not flood the stairs with any liquid.
- Do not walk on the stairs with wet outdoor boots.
- Regulate humidity in the rooms. It is recommended to maintain an optimum microclimate home with 50-60% relative humidity and 18 to 22 C degrees room temperature. Do not forget to ventilate. If the room humidity is lower than the recommended facilities, use humidifiers to maintain the required moisture.
- The screws should be tightened regularly after a period of use. Remove the wooden plug that covers the screw, use the Torx-30 bits and tighten the screw.
- Regular cleaning is recommended.
- Cleaning of oiled stairs must be done with as dry methods as much as possible.
- Clean glass in the same way you clean your windows. Feel free to use spray products, lukewarm water, squeegee, newsprint paper, vinegar water etc.
- Steel cleaning is sold in most appliance stores. Follow the product instructions.
- Always carefully read the documentation issued after staircase delivery and/or assembly works are completed.
All our staircases are produced and assembled by the UK regulations. With our computerized manufacturing system, carefully selected wood, modern storage conditions and qualified employees, we can maintain the highest quality production and ensure a 5-year guarantee period for all our products. Our professional guarantee service and consultation is free of charge within the guarantee period in case of production defects. Guarantee terms and conditions are not applicable for mechanical damages caused by the client when the use of the staircase does not comply with manufacturer‘s recommendations. Natural product wear and tear are not the subject of guarantee service.
Do you have a problem with your LHM Stairs that you want help with? Relax, we’ll fix it! Here’s all you need to do:
Fill out the warranty form.
We will contact you within 3 working days.
We will offer a solution and come for an inspection when needed.
Our assembly team will come to your house and solve the problem.